Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving holiday weekend

Thought I would post a short update. Cole and I spent the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in the Tempe/Gilbert, AZ area with family. My Sister and her family flew down from Bismarck, ND and my brother flew down from northern California to spend Thanksgiving with my Dad and his wife, and Cole and I. We all had a pretty good time, ate lots of good food and did a little drinking. As usual, I ate way too much and probably put on an extra 5 lbs.

Cole, my brother, and I stayed in a nice hotel in downtown Tempe, The Four Points, right next to Arizona State University. Saturday evening, we went to The Vine for dinner, where we had some really good wings. After dinner we decided to go find somewhere to have a drink. What we didn't really take into consideration was that ASU had a home football game against their in state rivals, University of Arizona. We drove smack into traffic gridlock around the stadium. We eventually made it to where all the bars and restaurants are located. on Mill street, but there was no where to park and everyplace was completely packed. It took us a while to work our way out of this mess and get back to our hotel where we stayed for the night having drinks at the hotel bar. While the hotel was pretty nice, we didn't get a very good nights sleep. Our rooms were right next to the elevator and starting around midnight until 3:30 or 4 AM, we had to listen to very loud, drunk, ASU fans returning to their rooms, complete with singing and lots of door slamming.

We spent today doing some things for my dad, around his house. After dropping my brother off at the airport, around 3:50 PM, Cole and I started our drive towards Dallas, TX. We didn't drive to far before stopping for the night in Globe, AZ. Tomorrow we will begin the drive back to Frisco, TX.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment