Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hoover Dam

Woke up to another beautiful day, with sunshine and warm temps.  After a hardy breakfast, Cole and I were off to Hoover Dam.  Hoover Dam is such an amazing dam and even though I have seen it a few times before, it never gets old.






Cole and I enjoyed seeing the dam and taking the tour although a couple of things that we encountered sort of tarnished the visit, just a bit. These things were the vehicle checkpoint driving down to the dam, the airport style security checkpoint. After standing in line for 20 min, we get up to the checkpoint and I am informed that the little pocket knife I had, was not allowed. There was no mention of not allowing in pocket knives. Sure, they had the no weapons sign, with a picture of a gun in a circle with the line through it but seriously, how is it that we have become so scared or wimpy in this country that we consider a little pocket knife a weapon.  Its just sad to me that our nation has come to this. That we seem to be living scared. I really feel that we have taken this security thing too far and that we are becoming a nation of wimps.

Even with the annoyance of the security checkpoints, etc, Hoover Dam is still worth the visit and I highly recommend it to anyone who may be in Las Vegas for a few days or is passing through the area.



After the tour, we hit the road and made our way to Flagstaff where we are spending the night.  I neglected to check my fuel level before leaving Hoover dam and noticed we were quite low and the next closest town was going to be cutting it pretty close.  As we were driving, we came across Uranus gas so stopped to fill up. I really don't need to say anything about it. Just the word Uranus is funny.


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving holiday and we will be driving to Tempe, AZ to have Thanksgiving day dinner with my Sister and her family, and my Dad and his wife.  I will not be posting tomorrow so I want to wish everyone celebrating Thanksgiving a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment