Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Battleships and Yachts


Yesterday we went to one of my favorite places, Battleship Cove. After a couple days of walking all over Boston and looking at lots of great interesting historical things, at least interesting from an adults point of view, I think my nieces were getting a bit bored. What do you do when kids start getting bored? You take them to see huge, awesome warships that they can climb all over, especially the big battleship where we climbed down ladders, all the way down into the depths of the ship. The battleship is so huge that you could get lost wandering around the corridors and climbing into the powder magazines and shell storage areas. The day was a big success and everyone enjoyed the ships.

After Battleship Cove, we unanimously agreed to drive to Rhode Island because none of us had been to that state before. We drove to Newport. It was very nice and very evident that there is some money in this town. There was a place called 41(insert little degree circle here)N. I didn't know if it was a restaurant or Yacht Club or what so I asked the well dressed dude standing out front what the place was. Now imagine the snooty host at that restaurant that Ferris Bueller and his friends went to. with that same snooty voice and attitude from Ferris Bueller's day off, this dude says " Its a Hotel", like he couldn't believe we didn't know this already. Parked along the pier behind the hotel were some awesome Yachts. I am trying to figure out how I can get one of these. How cool would it be to sail around the world on a big yacht, visiting cool destinations. I wonder if I start saving now, if I could buy one? I mean, how expensive can a big boat be? 

We had dinner at a nice place called the Red Parrot and walked around Newport by the water. It was a very nice area and i would like to come back on my motorcycle some day and spend a little more time looking around.

Today is more history. Going to Lexington and Concord. The kids don't seem as enthused about the days activities for some reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment