Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Death Valley

  Monday night, when I went to bed in the crappy motel we were staying in, the plan for Tuesday was to drive to Las Vegas and maybe further but that all changed when I woke up at 3 AM. As I lay there trying to fall back asleep and not having any luck, partly because I could hear the person in the room next to ours snoring, yes, that's right, I could hear them snoring, I opened up the laptop and started looking at google maps to see what route we would take in the morning. Then I saw it, Death Valley National Park. I had never been to Death Valley, and while it took us out of our way, I made the decision, lying there in bed at around 3:45 AM, that Cole and I were going to go check out Death Valley.


After driving about 4 hours, we arrived at Death Valley National Park around 1:30 PM. I was so glad I decided to deviate from our original plan, and swing through Death Valley, the minute the valley came into view.  It was way cool. There is something about the desert that fascinates me and Death Valley was as fascinating as it gets.  I just wish we could have spent more time there. We even saw a grave that was from 1931.  I can't imagine what it must be like coming to Death Valley during the summer, when temperatures can reach 130 degrees F.  It was a perfect 64 degrees F today. If anyone is thinking of visiting Death Valley, the winter time is definitely the time to visit.





Here is the grave that we saw along the road.
At the lowest point, we were over 200' below sea level. Here we are 100' below sea level. Its really weird to think that we were actually that far below the level of the oceans






After we left Death Valley, we ran across this. They were right next to each other. So does this mean that Aliens are welcome at the brothel as well as humans, or is it a brothel run by Aliens?



One thing we saw today on our drive to Death Valley was this, a Naval undersea warfare center in the middle of the desert.

How the heck does one practice undersea warfare in the middle of the desert?

Tomorrow, Hoover Dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment