Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Rain and more rain

The day started out overcast and looking like rain. After getting some breakfast, we made a quick stop at Walmart and picked up a couple of rain ponchos.  It turned out to be a good decision. Even though it was raining, we didn't let it stop us from getting out and doing a little hiking and seeing some awesome ocean views. I also love all the great old bridges that are on this road.




 
 A few years ago I drove the Pacific Coast highway, on my motorcycle, from the LA area all the way up to just north of San Francisco and it was one of my all time favorite trips I have taken. I have to come back some summer, with the motorcycle, and do the rest of the drive all the way up to the Canadian border. It is a beautiful drive in a car but it would be even more amazing on a motorcycle.






As the sun set, the rain started to fall harder and it was getting hard to see through the rain and dark so I decided to call it a day in Brookings, OR, which is just north of the California state line. 

Unfortunately, the weather outlook for tomorrow doesn't look any better than today. It's supposed to be raining all day along the coast again. Oh well, we will deal with it and have a good time and enjoy the truly beautiful coastal scenery. We will also be driving through the Redwood National Park tomorrow, something that I have never seen in person before so I am looking forward to it.

A few more pictures from today's drive.





2 comments:

  1. Great shots guys -- I enjoy watching your travels via the blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this blog. Each morning we read it to see what you two did the day before and get the map out to see your routes. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete